James' world famous pancakes
Updated: Jul 16, 2020
Blueberry, cinnamon, peanut-butter pancakes. Is there a better way to express self-love?
You'll never have to mess around with eggs, baking powder, dairy milk or flour again.
Food engineer: James Fotherby
*Feeds two. Plate up in 30 minutes. Unbelievably simple*
· Rolled oats.
· 1 banana.
· 300ml of water.
· 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
· 1 dollop of crunchy peanut-butter (you're an animal if you eat smooth).
· A handful of fresh, washed blueberries.
· A syrup of your choice (golden, maple, agave... the world's your oyster).
· A dash of sunflower/olive/vegetable oil.
· Dairy-free butter (optional).
· That's literally it.
1) Add to a blender 5 scoops of oats and 300ml of water. Blitz till smooth.
2) Add banana, cinnamon and peanut-butter. Blitz. (If mixture is too thicc, add a bit more water and blend again.
3) Mix a handful of blueberries into batter with a spoon.
4) Add batter into an oiled pan on medium-heat in whatever shape you like (round circles, four-leaf clovers, oleg from Frozen).
5) Using a spatula, flip pancakes, place artistically on a plate when cooked.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the batter has been used up.
7) Embellish pancakes with dairy-free butter (optional), more fresh blueberries, syrup and a light dusting of cinnamon.
Top-tip: You'll know when the pancakes are ready to flip when you see small bubbles appearing on the surface. Wait until you seen an even spread of bubbles before flipping.
Level-it up with a dollop of dairy-free yoghurt (alpro is the best), more fresh fruit and an ashwinder egg (if you know, you know). For rapid clean-up, fill blender with hot water and washing-up liquid and blend. It literally cleans itself.