Toll House Choccy Chip Cookies
They're crunchy, chewy and gooey in all the right places. Oh, and they smell divine.
Food engineer: Susan Fotherby.
*20 cookies in approx 20 mins*
· 100g of non-dairy butter (we recommend flora).
· 100g of plain flour.
· 75g of soft, dark sugar.
· 40g of granulated sugar.
· 2 tsp of chia seeds.
· 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
· 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
· 1/2 tsp of salt.
· 100g of your favourite chocolate.
1) In a small dish or cup, cover the chia seeds and leave to soak (minimum 5 mins, but the longer the better).
2) Mix together the non-dairy butter, dark sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
3) Add the chia seeds (don't drain) and vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mixture.
4) Sift the flour, salt, and bicarbonate of soda into the wet mixture and stir.
5) Break up your favourite chocco into chip-sized pieces and mix into the batter.
1) Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees celsius.
2) Drape baking paper over a baking tray and grease with oil.
3) Using heaped teaspoons, spoon batter onto the tray (making sure you leave enough space between the cookies) and place into oven.
4) Bake for 10 mins or until cookies turn light brown.
5) Let cookies rest for 5 mins.
Top-tip: FYI chia seeds form the egg replacement in this recipe. You can buy chia seeds from any good health food store or pretty much any supermarket. Flax seeds work just as well. Side-note: chia seeds are a great source of protein and fibre!
Level-it up with a nice, cold glass of oat milk.