Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Updated: Oct 17, 2019
Just three ingredients? And it tastes good?? You're damn right it does. Don't gnocchi it till you've tried it.
Food Engineer: Lauren Wainwright.
*On//off, oooh cheeky. Serves 1, costs less than £1. Dish up in 30 mins max*
· 1 sweet potato.
· Plain flour - approx half the weight of the sweet potato.
· Splash of non-dairy milk (Oatly ftw)
1) Cook the sweet potato (it doesn't really matter how). The easiest way is to microwave it: just pop it whole for around 8-10 mins depending on size!
2) Scoop the cooked potato out of its skin and place in a mixing bowl with flour, non-dairy milk and salt & pepper.
3) Mix well and split dough into balls.
4) Flour a clean surface, roll out each ball into a rope-like shape (about 1/2 inch thicc).
5) Cut sausage-shaped dough into 2cm cubes.
6) Put into a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 mins. The gnocchi should rise to the surface of the pan - this means its cooked.
Top-tip: Roll your cubed dough in excess flour so they don't stick together!
Level-it up with some crispy sweet potato skin. Just slice the scooped skin into strips, place on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper for a k i c k, and cook in oven until crispy. #zerowaste
It's fair to say our food engineer Lauren knows her stuff when it comes to food. She studies Nutrition and Psychology at Newcastle Uni, has completed various cookery courses + has worked part-time at a cookery school! Expect more unreal recipes from Lauren in the future.