Roasted Veg Tower & Tahini Sauce
Make yourself an aubergine boat of roasted veg to warm you up on the cold dark nights.
Food engineer: Jed Coiley
*Feeds two. Assemble tower in 30min, but most of that can be spent flicking through the G+B insta while you wait for the veggies to roast. Incredibly cheap*
· An aubergine.
· A large sweet potato.
· A squash - any will do! (The funkier looking the better).
· Pinch of rosemary and thyme.
· A drizzle of sunflower oil.
· Small handful of sunflower seeds (optional).
· 3 tbsp of Tahini.
· 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
· 2 cloves of garlic.
· Pinch of cumin.
· Drop of syrup, or a pinch of sugar.
1) Oven on to 190 degrees celsius. Half your aubergine and score the flesh with deep cuts (avoiding cutting through the skin. Slice the squash n' pots into inch cubes.
2) Fit all the veg into a large roasting tray and drizzle with oil, sprinkle on the herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to rub the oil and seasonings into the flesh of the aubergine. Pop the garlic in the edge of the tray (skin on!)
3) Pop into the hot oven, this should all cook in about 20 - 25 mins. You're looking for the edges of the pots to start to darken, and the skin of the squash to be easily cut with a butter knife.
4) Pile the veg ontop of the aubergine and dress with the tahini sauce!
1) Remove your roasted garlic when the skin has gone dark brown. Mash it against the chopping board with the side of a knife.
2) Mix all the dressing ingredients well in a small bowl. This will probably form a hard paste, loosen this up by gradually adding about 3 tbsp of water. You want the consistency to be silky and easily pourable.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
Top-tip: Give @greensandbeans.uk a follow on instagram and a cheeky scroll. What else could you be doing whilst the veggies do their thang in the oven??
Level-it up with some sunflower seeds. Toast the seeds in a dry pan, and sprinkle over roasted veggies and tahini sauce.