Roasted chickpea + co
Chickpea, garbanzo, kichererbse, yīngzuǐ dòu, الحمص... There are many ways of saying I love you. Practice self-loving with this super simple roasted chickpea medley.
Serve on a plate, bowl, trough or 10-gallon hat.
Food engineer: James Fotherby
*Feeds two. Serve in 50 minutes. Super easy*
· 1 tin of chickpeas.
· 1 sweet potato.
· Half a broccoli.
· 2 cups of quinoa.
· Handful of spinach.
· 3 medium-sized tomatoes.
· 1 lemon.
· Olive/vegetable oil.
· 2 cloves of garlic.
· Garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper.
1) Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
2) Drain chickpeas, place on 1/2 a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
3) Practice your best ninja skills on the sweet potato. Place thin wedges on other 1/2 of baking tray, drizzle with oil, sprinkle salt and pepper, 1 tsp of cumin and paprika (cinnamon optional).
4) Cook chickpeas and sweet potato in oven for 40 minutes. Give a good shake halfway through. When chickpeas are crispy, take out of oven and dust with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
5) Cook two cups of washed quinoa in saucepan for 20-25 minutes. Drain and season with lemon and mixed herbs.
6) Place washed and chopped broccoli on tray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with pepper and salt. Cook for 20 minutes.
7) Time each component so they each finish at roughly the same time. Serve warm and gobble up.
1) Add oil to saucepan on low heat.
2) Toss in three quartered tomatoes and 2 finely diced cloves of garlic.
3) When tomatoes have blistered and gone soft. Squish with a spoon until it forms a sauce.
4) Season with 1 tsp of paprika and pepper. A dash of salt.
Top-tip: To make even easier and quicker use cous cous instead of quinoa. To cook cous cous just add boiling water and season appropriately. Make extra roasted chickpeas for snacking!
Level-it up with a dollop of vegan mayo and a shot of vodka.