"Hot and fresh out the kitchen"
The only way you should make baked beans in the morning.
Food engineer: Anissa Morris
*Feeds two. Dish up in 15 minutes.*
· 1 tin of baked beans (Heinz preferably).
· 1/4 of a bell pepper.
. 1/4 of a white onion.
· Dash of fresh thyme or coriander.
· Smoked paprika.
· Salt and pepper.
· Chilli flakes.
· Dairy-free butter (Vitalite gives me life).
1) Partially drain the can of baked beans and put in saucepan.
2) Dice white onion and bell pepper, add to saucepan.
3) Turn on hob - medium heat.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
5) Add 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
6) Mix in a knob of butter for extra indulgence.
7) Dish up when onions have cooked through. Garnish with fresh thyme or coriander.
Top-tip: Keep stirring the beans throughout. If said beans begin to stick to the pan, add a bit of boiling water and stir.
Level-it up with cajun seasoning instead of paprika.