Paella ella ella eh eh
"When the sun shines, we shine together, growing all the veg for our paella." A real treat, warm and comforting - like a nice, long, dinner time hug.
Food Engineer: Jed Coiley
* Feeds 3. 45 mins. £1.20 per portion *
· 250g paella rice.
· 800ml vegetable stock.
· 2 bell peppers.
· 1/2 a broccoli.
· 2 tomatoes.
· 150g peas.
· 1 red onion.
· 3 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
· 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
1) Roughly chop your onion, pepper and broccoli. Add, with some oil, to a large shallow pan. Fry for about 5 mins.
2) Add chopped tomatoes and the spices and season with black pepper. Fry for further 5 mins.
3) Add the rice, and the vegetable stock, give a good stir. Boil on a medium heat for 15 mins. Try to avoid stirring, but do check that the bottom of the pan isn't burning.
4) Add the peas and push them down into the rice, reduce the heat and put a lid on. Cook for a further 10 mins.
5) Once the rice is cooked and the paella is thick you're good to go!
6) ¡Buen Provecho!
Top tip: Not stirring while cooking prevents the starch from being released and it becoming a risotto. Also, it allows a crust to form on the bottom which is delish!
Level-it up with some Linda McCartney vegan chorizo sausages. Cook in oven, slice into rounds and add to the paella in stage 4.