Chow down on this brilliantly easy store-cupboard recipe. Perfect if your fridge is empty or if you need to use-up leftovers!
Food engineer: Susan Fotherby.
*Feeds two. Soup-up in 30 mins. Very cheap, it is literally corn and potatoes...*
· 1 white onion.
· 3 medium-sized potatoes.
· 1 veggie stock cube.
· 2 tins of sweetcorn.
· Salt and pepper.
1) Dice white onion and sweat with oil in a high-sided saucepan (medium heat).
2) Once onion has become soft and translucent, add cubed potatoes.
3) Leave potatoes for a couple of mins to get a bit of colour, then add half a pint of stock water. Simmer for 15 minutes with a lid.
4) Add drained sweetcorn and leave for 5-10 minutes (until potatoes are cooked through).
5) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Blend soup (either in pitcher blender or using a hand-held blender) until desired consistency.
7) Serve up and enjoy with your mum!
Top-tip: Use any leftover veg you have (spring onions, celery...). For rapid clean-up, fill blender with hot water and washing-up liquid and blend. It literally cleans itself.
Level-it up with a garnish of lightly-fried sage and croutons.