Cajun black beans
Updated: Oct 17, 2019
Caribbean/South-American inspired black beans.
Food Engineer: Anissa Morris.
(*Feeds two. Bean up in 20 mins. Serve with anything you like*)
· 1 tin of black beans.
· 1 carrot.
· 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
· 2 cloves of garlic.
· 1/2 a white onion.
· 1 dollop of dairy-free butter (vitalite for the win).
· A handful of fresh coriander.
1) Add a dollop of oil to a high-sided pan on medium heat. Add roughly chopped onion and carrot, and finely diced garlic.
2) When carrot have softened add a tin of partially drained black beans. Mix well.
3) Reduce heat, add cajun seasoning, dairy-free butter, salt and pepper, and diced coriander.
4) Allow to simmer and mix frequently, until flavours have infused// you can't wait any longer.
Top-tip: If the black-beans get too sticky, add a splash of boiling water and stir.
Level-it up with fried plantain and kale slaw.